CNOOC Ltd. Announces Platform B of Phase II Penglai 19-3 Oil Field has come on stream ahead of schedule

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 27 Aug 2014 12:54

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

September 16, 2008

CNOOC Limited (the “Company" or “CNOOC Ltd.”, NYSE: CEO, SEHK: 0883) announced today that Platform B of Phase II of Peng Lai (PL) 19-3 has come on stream successfully ahead of schedule.

The development facilities in Phase II of PL 19-3 include: five wellhead platforms, a central processing facility and a world-class floating production storage offloading facility with a designed processing capacity of 190,000 barrels of oil per day. Platforms A and C of PL19-3 Phase II, have been put into production, while the other two, D and E, will commence production in succession.

Mr. Liu Jian, Executive Vice President of the Company commented, “We are pleased with the advanced startup of platform B, which again highlights the closeness and the effectiveness of cooperation between CNOOC Ltd. and ConocoPhillips. Phase II of PL 19-3 oil field is one of the key projects the Company focus in 2008. I believe the upcoming startup of its platforms will inject new energy in boosting the Company’s production.”

PL19-3 oil field was jointly developed by CNOOC Ltd. and ConocoPhillips China Inc. (COPC). CNOOC Ltd. holds 51 percent interest in PL 19-3 and the Operator, COPC, holds the remaining 49 percent interest.

PL19-3 oil field, located in Block 11/05 in Bohai Bay, is currently China’s largest offshore oil field.

Related News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/tag\/upstream\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"3","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}

Looking for information on the E&P sector?

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License