Eni: Production Starts at the Foukanda Field in the Offshore of Congo

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 03 Jan 2014 12:17

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/killajoules.wikidot.com\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

July 5, 2001

Eni has started production from the Foukanda field in the offshore of Congo. Production started in record time for sector's standards, only 3 years and 3 months after its discovery in March 1998.

The reduction of the "time to market", that is to say the time between the discovery of the field and the beginning of its production, has been one of the strategic objectives of the Foukanda project. The project's completion was reached in such a short time thanks to an appropriate contractual strategy, implemented through a lump-sum turn-key contract envisaging incentives for the delivery on time of the main supplies of the project and for the start up. The contractual strategy, the highly professional construction team and Eni's effective co-ordination all contributed to the success of the initiative.

Eni, through Agip Congo, is the operator with a 65% stake, while the State Oil Company of Congo (SNPC) owns the remaining 35%.

The development of the Foukanda field - 150 million euro - will enable to produce reserves for more than 40 million barrels of oil, with a total daily production that will reach the peak of 12,000 barrels of oil.

Production, in the Foukanda field, takes place in a new platform located in waters 105 meter deep, it goes through the Kitina platform and then it reaches the Djeno terminal for export.

The jacket of the platform, that is the frame that supports all the production plants, was built in Congo in Pointe Noire, creating jobs both directly for local workers and indirectly for other industries in the Country. The deck of the platform was built in Italy and then moved in Congo to be joint together with the jacket.

Eni has been operating in the offshore exploration and production in Congo since 1969 and today it has an average equity production of about 68,000 barrels of oil per day, that will increase to 75,000 barrels per day with the Foukanda development. The Company is known not only for its oil activities but also for important social initiatives such as the reconstruction of the Talangai Hospital (which offers advanced health care services and it is twinshipped with the Sacco Hospital in Milan) and the implementation of important photovoltaic power generation projects to bring electricity in the most distant corners of the Country. Furthermore Eni has started the construction of the first gas-powered electricity generation plant with the aim to increase the capacity of the Country and to promote its industrial and social development.

Related News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/killajoules.wikidot.com\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/tag\/upstream\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"3","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}

Looking for information on the E&P sector?

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License