Marathon Announces Start of Production From Tchatamba South

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 18 Jul 2015 09:41

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

Sept. 7th 1999

Marathon Petroleum Gabon LDC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marathon Oil Company, along with its co-venturer Santa Fe Energy Resources of Gabon, Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Santa Fe Snyder Corporation (NYSE: SFS), announced the start of production from the Tchatamba South field in the Kowe permit located 20 miles offshore, approximately 100 miles southeast of Port Gentil, Gabon.

The Tchatamba South field is producing 22,000 gross barrels of 44-degree oil per day from two wells in 150 feet of water. Oil from Tchatamba South is produced from an unmanned platform through a 12-inch pipeline to the Marathon operated Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU) and floating storage and offloading vessel in the Tchatamba Marin field. Production form Tchatamba South and Tchatamba Marin is now being processed on the MOPU at near facility capacity of 40,000 barrels of oil per day.

Reserves for the Tchatamba South field are estimated in excess of 27 million gross barrels of oil. Marathon has a 75 percent working interest in this development, and Santa Fe has the remaining 25 percent. Energy Africa Gabon S.A. holds an option to obtain a 25 percent working interest in the Tchatamba South field.

Related News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/tag\/upstream\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"3","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}

Looking for information on the E&P sector?

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License