Petrobras discovers more offshore gas in Espírito Santo

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 26 Nov 2014 09:16

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

May 09, 2007

PETRÓLEO BRASILEIRO S/A - PETROBRAS, [Bovespa: PETR3/PETR4, NYSE: PBR/PBRA, Latibex: XPBR/XPBRA, BCBA: APBR/APBRA], a Brazilian international energy company, announces that well 6-ESS-168 (acronym ANP: 6-BRSA-486-ESS), still in operation, has reached sandstone reservoirs saturated with gas with a thickness of approximately 130 meters at a depth of 3,378 meters. Situated to the north of the Camarupim Field, the importance of the results of this well stem from the confirmation of a substantial thickness of sandstone gas saturated reservoirs which should translate into an increase in expected recoverable volumes in the area.

Located in the Espírito Santo Basin in the BM-ES-5 exploratory concession, the well is being drilled approximately 37 km from the Espírito Santo coast in a water depth of 763 meters.

Petrobras, with a 65% stake, is operating this concession in partnership with El Paso that holds the remaining 35%.

This preliminary result confirms the extension to the north of the Camarupim Field, the commercial viability of which was declared at the end of 2006. This field was discovered with the drilling of well 4-ESS-164A (acronym ANP 4-BRSA-406A-ESS), which detected about 112 meters of gas reservoirs.

Related News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/tag\/upstream\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"3","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}

Looking for information on the E&P sector?

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License