PTSC wins $20m Thang Long gig

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 11 Jan 2013 12:45
Tags:


22 Oct 2008

Petrovietnam oilfield services unit Petroleum Technical Services Company (PTSC) has won a $20 million contract with the Talisman-led Thang Long joint operating company, in which Petrovietnam owns a 40% stake.

The Thang Long venture operates Vietnam’s offshore Block 15-2, including the Hai Su Trang (White Sealion) and Hai Su Den (Black Sealion) fields.
PTSC said in a statement seen by Reuters announcing the services deal this week that it expected Thang Long to start production form the field by mid-2011.

The Thang Long venture is 60% owned by Canadian independent Talisman, while Petrovietnam's production arm PVEP has the remaining 40%.
Talisman is known to be seeking a floating production, storage and offloading vessel to allow early production for the fields. The vessel would be moored between wellhead platforms on each field.

The FPSO would then be moved to tap satellite fields on Block 15-2 once a central processing platform is installed on the Hai Su Den field, the largest discovery.

It is not clear how the date mentioned by PTSC relates to Talisman’s early production plans.

This week PVEP also said it planned to start commercial oil and gas production from three new fields near the country's second-largest field, Su Tu Den, in the next five years.

The three fields, Su Tu Den Dong Bac, Su Tu Trang and Su Tu Nau, all on Block 15-1, were expected to come onstream from 2010 to 2013.
According to Upstream Online


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License