Shell first oil and gas from Bardolino

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 24 Apr 2013 06:42

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?


Shell U.K. Limited (Shell) has started producing oil and gas from the Bardolino field in the Central North Sea.

The field has been developed using a single sub-sea well that is tied back to the Shell-operated Nelson platform.

The production capacity of Bardolino is expected to average around 4500 boe per day. Oil is evacuated via the Forties pipeline and gas is transported about 200 kilometres (124 miles) to the St Fergus gas terminal in north-east Scotland.

Shell operates the field and holds a 62% equity interest. The other equity holder is OMV with 38%.

The field was first explored and appraised in 1989 but at the time was not economic. Subsequently new infrastructure, amongst other factors, made the project possible.

Glen Cayley, Vice President - Technical for Shell Upstream Europe, said: “We are delighted to bring another North Sea development on stream. It reflects our continued investment in the UK North Sea to arrest field decline by near-field satellite developments.”

Shell has also brought on-stream the Shamrock, Starling and Caravel fields in the last three years.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License