Sterling Resources Announces Commencement Of Development Drilling At Breagh

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 17 Jun 2014 11:53

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

May 14, 2012 – Sterling Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: SLG) (“Sterling” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that development drilling operations have commenced at Breagh in the UK Southern North Sea. The Ensco 70 rig has been deployed to start the Breagh development drilling program in anticipation of first gas production from the field during the third quarter. Previously drilled wells 42/13- 3 and 42/13- 5Z, suspended for future use as early development wells, will be re-entered and sidetracked to re-drill the reservoir interval. Following the recompletion of these two wells, up to eight new development wells are expected to be drilled, completed and put on production over the next 2 years, in line with the approved FDP.

The Breagh field is located in UKCS blocks 42/12a and 42/13a of the Southern North Sea in 62 metres water depth, approximately 100 km east of Teesside. The field is a conventional Carboniferous reservoir and will be the first large scale production for Sterling. The Breagh Alpha platform situated in the western region of the field will collect gas from the wells. Gas will be exported through the 100 km, 20 inch pipeline to Coatham Sands, Redcar on the UK mainland, and a 10 km onshore pipeline for processing at the Teesside Gas Processing Plant (TGPP) at Seal Sands. Following processing at the TGPP, the gas will enter the UK National Transmission System. The potential maximum capacity of the Breagh pipeline and onshore plant is 400 MMcf/d, providing the flexibility to transport gas from potential satellite fields owned by the Breagh partners and on behalf of third parties in adjacent fields. Sterling holds a 30 percent interest in Breagh, with RWE Dea, as operator, holding the remaining 70 percent.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License