Talisman Energy Announces First Oil From Tweedsmuir

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 09 Jul 2014 08:35

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/killajoules.wikidot.com\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"4","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

May 8, 2007

Talisman Energy (UK) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM) (NYSE:TLM), has commenced production from its Tweedsmuir development.

"The Tweedsmuir project is a good example of our North Sea strategy to tie back existing and new discoveries to Talisman owned infrastructure," said Dr. Jim Buckee, President and Chief Executive Officer. The development is expected to produce an annual average of 46,000 boe/d (gross) in 2008 with incremental operating costs of C$1.15/boe.

The Tweedsmuir and Tweedsmuir South oilfields are located 100 miles northeast of Aberdeen in UKCS Block 21/1aN. Tweedsmuir was first discovered in 1983 and the Talisman appraisal program later discovered the main part of the field in 2002. Tweedsmuir South was discovered in 2003 and appraised in 2004. Development drilling began on the project in early 2005 and was completed in 2006.

The fields have been developed as a four well subsea tieback with each field having a horizontal production well and a deviated water injection well and potential to add further wells in future.

The Tweedsmuir development is tied back to the Talisman operated Piper B facility, which is located 34 miles to the north. Production is expected to increase to 51,000 boe/d (gross), following completion of topside modifications in September 2007.

The oil will be transported to and processed at the Piper B Platform and exported by pipeline to the Talisman operated Flotta Oil Terminal in Orkney. Talisman subsidiaries hold a 94.43% working interest in the Tweedsmuir development and Talisman is the field operator. First Oil Expro Limited holds the remaining 5.57% equity.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License