OGX declares commerciality of the accumulation of Bom Jesus in the Parnaíba Basin

abarrelfullabarrelfull wrote on 27 Jan 2013 08:41
Tags: brazil ogx s-america upstream

Latest News

{"module":"feed\/FeedModule","params":{"src":"http:\/\/killajoules.wikidot.com\/feed\/pages\/pagename\/blog%3A_start\/category\/blog\/limit\/10\/t\/My+Blog","limit":"3","module_body":"* %%linked_title%%"}}
  • Want a weekly review of refining news?

OGX Petróleo e Gás Participações S.A. (“OGX”) (Bovespa: OGXP3; OTC: OGXPY.PK), the Brazilian oil and gas company responsible for the largest private-sector exploratory campaign in Brazil, announced today that it has presented, through its subsidiary OGX Maranhão Petróleo e Gás SA, a declaration of commerciality for the Bom Jesus accumulation to the National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANP). The Bom Jesus accumulation was discovered in blocks PN-T-67 and PN-T-68 in the Parnaíba Basin.

Luiz Carneiro, CEO of OGX, commented, “This declaration of commerciality is the result of a successful exploration campaign in the Parnaíba Basin. It demonstrates our continued advancement in pursuit of new areas in the region and underscores that we are executing our projects.”

The Bom Jesus accumulation that is the object of the declaration of commerciality is expected to be designated as the Gavião Branco Field. The field’s Development Plan will be submitted to the ANP soon. OGX estimates a total volume in place between 0.2 and 0.5 Tcf of gas for this field.

OGX Maranhão Petróleo e Gás SA, operator of the PN-T-67 and PN-T-68 blocks, is an entity formed by OGX (66.6%) and MPX Energia SA (33.3%), and holds a 70% stake in the referred blocks. Petra Energia holds the remaining 30%.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License